Elecom co. ltd., (referred below as ‘Elecom’) fully understands the importance of protecting personal information of all people including customers and suppliers who provide personal information to Elecom (referred to below as ‘the Person’). For this purpose, Elecom has established specific policies of handling such personal information as below and will make every effort to protect personal information.
1. Acquisition of personal information
Whenever Elecom asks a Person to provide us with his/her personal information, we specify in advance the purpose for which the personal information will be used (referred below as ‘Purpose of Use’); provided, that we may not explicitly indicate the Purpose of Use if it is readily apparent at the time we collect the personal information. In such cases, we will only use the personal information to the extent that its Purpose of Use is otherwise obvious.
2. Management of personal information
- 1) In order to ensure the proper management of personal information, Elecom has established an organization that promotes the protection of personal information and appointed personal information managers.
- 2) In order to prevent leakage, altering, loss, or use for anything other than the Purpose of Use, Elecom manages personal information strictly in accordance with applicable laws, guidelines, and internal regulations. Moreover, we will provide out employees with education and other enlightenment activities necessary to improve their management and handling of personal information.
- 3) Should Elecom consigns the handling of personal information to an external party, we shall provide the entrusted party with personal information at a minimum level and appoint contractors whose handling of personal information has been deemed appropriate in accordance with our criteria. We ensure the obligations and responsibility of the entrusted party for proper management of personal information, including, but not limited to, safe handling, prohibition of re-entrustment and prohibition of use for anything other than the Purpose of Use.
- 4) Elecom shares personal information as indicated below, in order to improve the quality of our products and services and guarantee convenience for customers. For that purpose, we will share personal information at a minimum level and ensure the obligations and responsibility of the shared party for proper management of personal information, including, but not limited to, safe handling and prohibition of use for anything other than the Purpose of Use.
- (a) Party that shares the personal information
Elecom Group Companies (Elecom’s subsidiaries and affiliates)
- (b) Purpose and scope of sharing personal information
Elecom shares personal information to the extent necessary for introduction or offering update or future product and service information in order to improve the quality of our products and services or guarantee convenience for customers and also to use personal information explicitly indicated for the Purpose of Use.
- (c) Party responsible for sharing personal information
- 5) Elecom will make every effort to further enhance personal information protection systems by regularly reviewing and updating all rules and procedures regarding the handling of personal information, including this policy.
3. Use of Personal Information
Elecom does not use personal information for anything other than the Purpose of Use, except under one or more of the following conditions;
4. Revision of the Purpose of Use
When revising the Purpose of Use, Elecom makes changes within the scope that the Person would reasonably expect, and notify or disclose such changes to the Person.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
Elecom will not disclose personal information to any third party except as follows;
- 1) When the Person has given his/her consent,
- 2) When disclosing personal information in a format, such as statistical data, where the Person cannot be identified,
- 3) When disclosing personal information to dealers or contractors (referred below as ‘Contractors’) who bear obligation of confidentiality to Elecom within the scope necessary for achieving the Purpose of Use,
- 4) When Elecom deems it appropriate for Contractors to respond or support the person’s inquiries or requests for material,
- 5) When disclosing personal information to financial institutions, etc. to verify the accuracy and validity of credit card which is used for the settlement of payment for product purchased or services provided,
- 6) When the entire or a part of business operations of Elecom is succeeded to other company resulting from a merger, split-up or business transfer, and disclosing personal information to such successor.
- 7) When it is necessary for protecting from injury the property or person of a member of the public, and consent of the Person cannot be readily obtained,
- 8) When it is necessary for improvement of public health or promotion of sound growth of children, and consent of the Person cannot be readily obtained,
- 9) When it is necessary to cooperate with national or local governments or parties entrusted by them in performing their legal duties, and obtaining consent of the Person may cause inconvenience to the performance of such duties
6. Inquiries of Personal Information
A person who wishes to inquire, change or correct his/her own personal information should contact the General Information Center indicated below. Elecom will do what is necessary, to the extent deemed reasonable, to respond to the Person’s request in accordance with the prescribed procedures. In such cases, Elecom may confirm whether the request is really made by the Person himself/herself in order to prevent unlawful acquisition or alteration of personal information by third parties. We conduct recording and monitoring of phone calls received at the General Information Center to ensure quality performance and management of handling of inquires about our products and services.
7. Handling of comments and requests
Comments, requests and proposals sent from the users will be freely used by us unless the Purpose of Use is specifically restricted. However, such comments, requests and proposals will not be disclosed to the public or to any third party in a manner where the sender can be identified without the sender’s consent.
8. Compliance with laws and regulations
Elecom strictly observes all laws and internal regulations applicable to personal information.